Friday, January 11, 2008

Biopic by Verita:P

Hi everyone:)!

My name is Vera and I am one of the happy and proud members of the purple violins :p. And so let me tell you first guys, that I feel myself very lucky being one of your fellows. It is because of you that I like coming to school :p.

Well, as this little piece of writing is supposed to be a biopic I am trying to focus a bit on myself in the following few lines. As I already mentioned my name is Vera, Vera Kiss that gives so many opportunities to joke around with me, however I do not mind it at all, I find it rather sweet than annoying. I am 20 and after finishing my high school studies in my beautiful country Hungary, I decided to try out university life in my so beloved Lisbon :). Well, it still seems to be one of the few good decisions that I have made in my life:).

In this moment I live with my boyfriend whom I have been together for almost 3 years now. However we are very different in many ways, we are get on well so much that it is almost impossible to imagine my life without him. However I often get homesick, I miss my family, my friends, my town, but things are changing and we have to be able to ‘walk on’ as Bono sings:). However I am also very thankful to the low fare air companies that give me the chance to visit my family two times a year (so I do not have to walk on that much ) :p.

During the week I attend Fsch and then I go to earn some money:). I am working for the frequent flyer program of Tap and I find it very interesting. I love my colleagues and the type of work I have to do:). At the weekend I always do some voluntary work for Afs Intercultura Portugal what is an association of exchange students. I am a counsellor of an American girl, Elise and my job is supposed to be helping her when she is facing with some difficulties. I like doing it, I hope she also does :p.

I am also trying to find time to be with my friends and with my “Portuguese Family”. They are the ones who decided to host me when I first came to Portugal. They are excellent people and I guess is basicly because of them that I started adoring this country:).

Art is also kind of important to me. Without music I can not imagine a single day. When my mp3’s battery ends then I am the one who sing:). I am also keen on good films, my favourite directors are Almodovar and Kusturica and my boyfriend was also able to make me like some of the works of Tarantino. When I think about Portuguese films I find the earliest ones very entertaining, I love for example the Canção de Lisboa. I love reading too and in this moment I am quite sad that I can not read what I would like to. But I took some fine books from home and when the semester ends I am only going to read those:). In Hungary was normal that at the weekends we visited some museums or palaces in and out of the country, now as I am lack of time I only play the guitar or go for a walk.

There is still so much I could say but I am afraid that then would not be anyone who read this biopic, so now I stop:). I really hope you find it interesting. A big hug to all of you and also good luck for the exams.

Take care,

Vera

3 comments:

Rasparov said...

Aww, that's nice of you. We're all very happy of having you as well as part of this initiative. Great biopic, let me say.
Take care.
p.s.: playing guitar rules! =D

zöe-chan said...

I loved your biopic, I found it quite lovely and interesting, one that we read and say: "this is tipically Vera!" Glad to hear about you, and the way you manage here in Portugal, as if it was almost part of your native country, despite all the nostalgia you feel from your family, friends and your beloved country. Too bad your time doesn't let you enjoy it as you wished for, I 'suffer' the same thing with the lack of time to read the things I'd wish. Still, I didn't know you played the guitar, which means that one of these days, you'll have to play a song for us ^_^ Thank you so much for the joyfulness and brightness you spread with your smile (needless to say you make everyone happy! :D), you're really a schatz and I'm enjoying really much to know you day by day :)
Take care, beautiful!
Kiss kiss to Vera Kiss ^^**

JoanaR said...

Lovely biopic Vera! I do agree that life without music is very dull. In my case it is singing. I rehearse once a week and really love it.